The end of the semester is coming up, and for most of us this means a very stressful time indeed. Countless assignments are due, most of them worth the majority of your grade; all the research papers and group projects you’ve known about all semester are somehow just magically sneaking up on you now. You are about to get an onslaught of bitchy Facebook posts and tweets (twats? I don’t know, I don’t twitter). Instagram will be blown up with pictures of random pages strewn about the floor and selfies with hashtags like: #nosleep #finalsweek #imsofuckingbusybutistillhavetimetotakepicturesofallthehomeworkimnotdoing. You’ll find you are spending an inordinate amount of time on the internet—like seriously, you will spend all day on the internet. It’s a terrible time for us all, but instead of airing your grievances in the realm of social media take some of my fabulous advice on managing stress. Seriously, I should be a life coach.
1. take a fucking nap. You are grumpy and if you have time to read those 17 Buzzfeed articles you have time to sleep for an hour.
2. See the sun. It’s tempting to lock yourself in the library for 12 hours and pretend to work on that research paper, but we both know you have spent the last 2 hours on facebook looking at some rando’s pictures. Yeah she’s got a fucked up nose and she went with your ex-boyfriend to his frat formal, but you are way prettier. And you really do have shit to do—I know because that’s what your latest facebook status said. Take a fucking walk, you’ll feel better.
3. Make sure you eat something other than Cheetos and chocolate. Stress food is delicious, but not necessarily conducive to particularly intelligent work.
4. It’s okay to cry. I completely believe that you are entitled to a mental break-down. So just cry and bitch, we understand
5. If all else fails, take pulls of cake vodka in bed.